How to change outbound caller ID text display RRS feed

• Question

• I can set an "alternate caller id" for a voice route easy enough. However, I can't seem to figure out where to set the text that is displayed to external callees. For some reason people are seeing "MainAutoAttendant" as the caller ID text. I guess I set that up somewhere but not seeing where or how to change it.
    michael
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 9:37 PM

Answers

• After a bit of research it looks like it's not something that is controlled by Lync. It looks like the displayed name is the responsibility of the callee's telephone company; they look up the number provided in their database and display text accordingly.

michael
    • Marked as answer by selap Monday, March 14, 2011 5:02 PM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 5:01 PM

All replies

• We are using Dialogic DMG2000 series gateways and on the routing tables you can intercept the Caller ID text and manipulate it.  The Dialogi gateway matches on CPID Calling party name.  When it gets an exact match (or any variable that you set) it processes the manipulation that we configured.  Lync is masking the caller ID number already 

Have not found a way to do this in Lync yet, but may be something requiring Management Shell commands.

Rich Pederzani Telecom Engineer
    Friday, March 11, 2011 7:00 PM
  • Dear Michael,

Regarding to your question, I would like to provide you this instruction.

Please access below link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398898.aspx

Best Regards!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, March 14, 2011 1:52 AM
  • Sorry, not helpful. I already know how to change the caller ID 'number' that is displayed (which is what is described in the link you provided) but not the 15 characters or so of uppercase text that is displayed on some Caller ID devices.. I have a feeling it might be set by our SIP trunk provider maybe?

michael
    Monday, March 14, 2011 4:49 PM
  • After a bit of research it looks like it's not something that is controlled by Lync. It looks like the displayed name is the responsibility of the callee's telephone company; they look up the number provided in their database and display text accordingly.

michael
    • Marked as answer by selap Monday, March 14, 2011 5:02 PM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 5:01 PM
  • I had the same question and got the same answer from my PSTN PRI provider.  This wiki article seems to back that up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caller_ID.

Monday, July 11, 2011 11:55 PM