none
Is it possible to route email to different smart hosts depending on the sender's domain?

Question

• I receive email on two domains. For sending email, I need the first domain to use one smarthost and the other domain to use a different smarthost. Is this possible? If so, any configuration insight tips?

Thanks in advanced!

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 9:59 PM

Answers

• Hi

Send connectors are based on the Recipient's address not the Sender's domain. 

Not sure if possible with any transport rule, I will try it tomorrow and let u know.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 7:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, you can create two send connector to achieve your goal.

We can refer to the following link to create a send connector to route outbound mail through a smart host:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj673059(v=exchg.160).aspx

Regards,

David Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 8:25 AM
  • I receive email on two domains. For sending email, I need the first domain to use one smarthost and the other domain to use a different smarthost. Is this possible? If so, any configuration insight tips?

Thanks in advanced!

Yes this is possible. However for this purpose you will need to create two send connectors.

One send connector used for sending emails for domain x and another for sending emails for domain y.

You can then specify which smarthost to use for each send connector.

The following link explains how to create a dedicated send connector. In practical terms, this is what you are looking for:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj839710(v=exchg.141).aspx

• Edited by IvoMaas Thursday, October 13, 2016 8:26 AM made it a hyperlink
    • Proposed as answer by IvoMaas Thursday, October 13, 2016 8:26 AM
    Thursday, October 13, 2016 8:25 AM
  • I need it routed based on the senders address domain, not recipient though, thoughts?
    Thursday, October 13, 2016 12:10 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, you can create two send connector to achieve your goal.

We can refer to the following link to create a send connector to route outbound mail through a smart host:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj673059(v=exchg.160).aspx

Regards,

David Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

I need it routed based on the senders address domain, not recipient though, thoughts?
    Thursday, October 13, 2016 6:19 PM
  • Hi

Send connectors are based on the Recipient's address not the Sender's domain. 

Not sure if possible with any transport rule, I will try it tomorrow and let u know.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 7:11 PM