Vista installation error code 0xC0000005 RRS feed

• Question

•  

I ve installed vista ultimate in one of my pc's, its working fine.i installed the same copy to my lap top there its working fine too.But now when i try to install it on my third machine its giving me error.if i start it form dvd drive,after copiying files it asks for language & b4 starting the setup it gives the error :windows installation encountered an un expected error. verify that the installation sources are accessable, and restart the installation. error code : 0xC0000005.when i start the setup by copiying the entire dvd to my hard drive.then it goes to an extant.after expanding the files it installs features & while installing the updates it stops again with the same error. i tried a lot of things. changed ram,removed hardware,

changed bios options but nothing worked.Here are my pc details.

Its a pentium 4 CPU 2.8 ghz,1 gb of ddr ram(2 of 512mb kingston), motherboard intel D101GGC, graphic card:Nvidia Geforce 7300 gt xfx with 512mb ddr2 ram. 

Plz someone help solving this problem.if keyboard,mouse,hard drive or monitor can make a difference u can ask me about those too. thanx.

Thursday, October 25, 2007 10:07 AM

Answers

• Hi F&F,

Thank you for the post.

First I would like to confirm if you are performing a Clean Install or an Upgrade Install of Vista. (A Clean Install means formatting the partition and installing Vista.)

Before moving on, please understand that upgrading from XP to Vista will sometimes cause driver and third-party software incompatibility issues. In the previous installation (XP), many registry settings have been modified when installing third-party software. During an upgrade, these registry entries are retained, which can cause system issues. Therefore, an upgrade install is only recommended for systems that have a simple and clean software environment. (A clean environment means a system with few third-party programs and un-signed hardware drivers installed.)

In this case, if you have a full version Vista installation disk, I recommend trying a Clean Install of Vista. (Before a clean install of Vista, please backup your important files. )

If you only have a Vista Upgrade disk, we have to perform an Upgrade Install of Vista and let’s focus on this issue.

The issue can be caused by incompatible software such as third-party burning and anti-virus programs or hardware devices.

Please uninstall burning programs such as Nero and Roxio and all third-party anti-virus programs.

After that, please access the following site and run Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor to check if there is any incompatible product on your system. If so, please remove them.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/buyorupgrade/upgradeadvisor.mspx

Then let’s perform a Clean Boot before upgrading to Vista.

This method will help us determine if this issue is caused by a loading program or service. Please perform the following steps:

Clean Boot

==========

1. Click Start, type "msconfig" in the search bar and press Enter.

Note: Please click the Continue if the "User Account Control" window pops up.

2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

Then, restart the computer. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please select "Don't show this message or launch the System".

Note 1: Temporarily disabling the Startup Group only prevents the startup programs from loading at startup. This shouldn't affect the system or other programs. We may still manually run these programs later.

Note 2: We can check on Normal Startup in the General tab to roll back to Normal Mode after we install Vista.

Please try to install Vista again.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Microsoft Vista Forum Support Professional

Thursday, November 8, 2007 8:33 AM

All replies

• I'm having the exact same problem, even tried taking exchanging the disk.  This is driving me crazy, I was looking forward to playing with Windows Vista Business.. I've been trying for a week now, also getting Bootmgr now on my harddrive...

Friday, October 26, 2007 3:58 PM
  • This is so random... a simple routine task has now turned into a huge project with no solutions.
    Please let us know if you find a solution!
    Wednesday, October 31, 2007 10:25 PM
  • Hi F&F,

Thank you for the post.

First I would like to confirm if you are performing a Clean Install or an Upgrade Install of Vista. (A Clean Install means formatting the partition and installing Vista.)

Before moving on, please understand that upgrading from XP to Vista will sometimes cause driver and third-party software incompatibility issues. In the previous installation (XP), many registry settings have been modified when installing third-party software. During an upgrade, these registry entries are retained, which can cause system issues. Therefore, an upgrade install is only recommended for systems that have a simple and clean software environment. (A clean environment means a system with few third-party programs and un-signed hardware drivers installed.)

In this case, if you have a full version Vista installation disk, I recommend trying a Clean Install of Vista. (Before a clean install of Vista, please backup your important files. )

If you only have a Vista Upgrade disk, we have to perform an Upgrade Install of Vista and let’s focus on this issue.

The issue can be caused by incompatible software such as third-party burning and anti-virus programs or hardware devices.

Please uninstall burning programs such as Nero and Roxio and all third-party anti-virus programs.

After that, please access the following site and run Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor to check if there is any incompatible product on your system. If so, please remove them.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/buyorupgrade/upgradeadvisor.mspx

Then let’s perform a Clean Boot before upgrading to Vista.

This method will help us determine if this issue is caused by a loading program or service. Please perform the following steps:

Clean Boot

==========

1. Click Start, type "msconfig" in the search bar and press Enter.

Note: Please click the Continue if the "User Account Control" window pops up.

2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

Then, restart the computer. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please select "Don't show this message or launch the System".

Note 1: Temporarily disabling the Startup Group only prevents the startup programs from loading at startup. This shouldn't affect the system or other programs. We may still manually run these programs later.

Note 2: We can check on Normal Startup in the General tab to roll back to Normal Mode after we install Vista.

Please try to install Vista again.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Microsoft Vista Forum Support Professional

Thursday, November 8, 2007 8:33 AM
  • Thanks Tim Quan for your response...

It sounds like F&F is having the same problem I am.
    I bought a used hard drive from a circulation center and I assume that It would be ready to install an operating system on it.
    So then I could also assume that drivers or registry entries would be irrelevant to this error.

Are there known incompatibility's?
    like old motherboards or bios.

Thanks.
    Thursday, November 8, 2007 4:42 PM
  • I'm getting the same error when it gets to "expanding files(@ 1%)," and I'm installing it on a completely blank hard drive. My computer has ran Vista before with no problems, so I don't know what could be the problem, unless its my dvd burner I just put in? Although it says it is compatible with Vista.

Friday, November 9, 2007 12:21 AM

• I'm in a similar situation - one Vista disk fails at the expanding files part (usually at about 70%).  The other DVD gives the "could not reinitialize the deployment engine" error.

This is on a blank HDD
    Wednesday, November 14, 2007 3:48 PM
  • I have the same problem. If I try to install it from xpsp2 (clear install) or if I install it from booting with DVD.
    here an explanation how I try to install it:
    (from DVD or xpsp2, no different) I click button Install. Form disappears. coputer is thinking about one or two seconds and write that error code. If I repeat installation ten or more times it began to installing. All files are succesfully unpacked. after that while installer trying to update or something thiat error is again.
    I dont know what is the problem. May be it is about of my hardware (P4 630@3GHz, MB: Intel GTP i945 or something, i dont remember, sorry; 1 GB RAM 2x256 Patriot, 512 Kingston, GeForce 6800 GS DDR3 256MB)
    Wednesday, November 14, 2007 6:05 PM
  • I had this same issue, I solved the problem by removing the HD and connecting it to another computer and format it from the windows environment in the disk management window. I also updated the BIOS and swap the DVD drive. If Vista is compatible with your machine, it should work. (Intel MB DP965LT, C2D E6600 2.4GHz, 1GB 800 RAM, 200GB HD 6700rpm, NVIDIA 6800GTX 512mb, 350wt power supply)

Saturday, December 29, 2007 7:55 PM