help RRS feed

• Question

• I have a compaq presario pc and i recently downloaded a program on it on friday. yesterday it stopped working ( connecting to the internet). i have broadband but all is showing is a yellow sign withthis symbol ! showing on the inside of it. the code that comes up is 31. the connection goes like this, the name of my computer, then that yellow sign thenit says broadband than an x in between that and the internet. what to do

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 9:44 PM

Answers

• Right-click on the that network icon and select Troubleshoot problems.
    Carey Frisch
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:33 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your post!

System restore is suggested being under consideration first.

If it does not work, please go to device manager, right click on your network card and uninstall its driver. Apply the settings and restart. Windows will try to find the driver automatically. Or you can download the corresponding driver for your network card from another computer and manually install it on the problematic computer.

Good Luck.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:51 AM

All replies

• Right-click on the that network icon and select Troubleshoot problems.
    Carey Frisch
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:33 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your post!

System restore is suggested being under consideration first.

If it does not work, please go to device manager, right click on your network card and uninstall its driver. Apply the settings and restart. Windows will try to find the driver automatically. Or you can download the corresponding driver for your network card from another computer and manually install it on the problematic computer.

Good Luck.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:51 AM