Exchange 2003 mapi32.dll problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows 2003 Server Standard, sp2, 32 bit, which is running Exchange 2003.  I also have Blackberry Enterprise Server running on the same server and Backup Exec.  I am having some problems restoring mailboxes from Backup Exec.  Symantec tells me it is because I have a bad mapi32.dll file due to the installation of the Blackberry Enterprise Server.  I am told I need to repair or restore the original mapi32.dll file.  Two questions I guess:

1.  Does the above make sense?

2.  If so, how do I repair the mapi32.dll file or can I just restore it from the Exchange installation disk?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Mike Stevens

Monday, November 21, 2011 5:19 PM

Answers

• On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 17:19:59 +0000, MStevens wrote:

>
    >
    >I have a Windows 2003 Server Standard, sp2, 32 bit, which is running Exchange 2003. I also have Blackberry Enterprise Server running on the same server and Backup Exec. I am having some problems restoring mailboxes from Backup Exec. Symantec tells me it is because I have a bad mapi32.dll file due to the installation of the Blackberry Enterprise Server. I am told I need to repair or restore the original mapi32.dll file. Two questions I guess:
    >
    >1. Does the above make sense?

Yes.

>2. If so, how do I repair the mapi32.dll file or can I just restore it from the Exchange installation disk?
    >
    >Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Running BES on the Exchange server is the same as running Outlook on
    the Exchange server -- especially if you installed Outlook on it!

It's pretty easy to find lots of information about this problem just
    by using an Internet search engine. Here's two samples:

http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com/2006/03/mapi32dll-error-when-installing.html
    http://forums.msexchange.org/m_150621500/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    • Marked as answer by Xiu Zhang Tuesday, November 29, 2011 3:01 AM
    Monday, November 21, 2011 10:48 PM