none
Problem with Hyper-V Server Host 2016

Question

• Hi,

I have a problem with my hyper-v server host 2016.

Every 3 hour my server reboot and write error in the error log :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

License Activation (slui.exe) failed with the following error code:
    hr=0x8007139F
    Command-line arguments:
    RuleId=c4c81773-38fd-49d4-82c4-018b996d09de;Action=NotifyUser;AppId=55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f;SkuId=2cf1c8d6-ebe1-4ce9-83c6-c4877fae1355;NotificationInterval=60;Trigger=TimerEvent

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is strange, because microsoft license for Hyper-V server host is free .

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 1:02 PM

All replies

• Does the Hyper-V Server have access to the internet?  True, there is no license cost, but that does not mean there is no activation required.  This is similar to the evaluation copy of Windows Server.  There is no license cost to use it, but if the system does not have access to the internet within the first ten days after it is installed, it will reboot on a regular basis.  Making a connection to the internet long enough to effect the activation takes care of it.

tim

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 1:06 PM
  • I checked my internet connection, and everything is ok(i ping random internet address).

My server worked without problem two months. After these two moths it start to reboot every 3 hours.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 1:20 PM
  • Hi Angel,

Is the issue still happening?

I haven't seen this phenomenon before and not able to find any related information.

How about other devices in your environment, how are they activated?

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 8:20 AM
  • Hi,

have you tried to install another roles on this Hyper-V server? 

Because...you shouldn't.

Also check Sysstem event log for reason why is restart performed.

Radek

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 8:26 AM
  • Hi Radek,

I configure my server as is described in the following link https://www.ivobeerens.nl/2015/08/28/manage-hyper-v-in-a-workgroup-remotely/

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 12:42 PM
  • What is strange is that when I search for the error code you list (0x8007139F), the results appear to be related to Windows Defender. Are you running some sort of malware detection software on your system? Have you disabled Windows Defender? I have no idea if it is related to this, but since the error code is related to that, I would see if there is anything around that.

tim

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 1:03 PM
  • Today i tried to remove from Windows Feature Windows Defender and that not resolve anything. 
    Thursday, March 23, 2017 2:06 PM