none
How Do I Revert Back to IE10 from IE11.... RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 10 automatically upgraded to IE11 with out my knowledge... when the update would pop up I would either cancel or ignore.... it Updated on its own, and now the hourglass freezes then about a minute later the mouse freezes. and at that point the only way I can get my computer to respond is a hard boot... I tried to do backup to earlier settings using restore point.. it runs and then gives notice unable to restore to earlier date.. called tech (jayden in India or where ever they are) support but sorry reading a script and trying remote access did nothing they wanted to do a complete system recovery.... the last time they did that with out my knowledge they wiped out every picture I had that I had transferred to the hard drive from family dating back to 1895... so can someone please help..
    Thursday, July 23, 2015 12:20 AM

All replies

• many people have asked this question. I don't think there is a way to use an IE version lower than that that came with the OS.

You can try F12 developer tools to make the site work. On the emulation tab of the developer tools, try changing the document mode. If that doesn't work, change the user agent string

Thursday, July 23, 2015 12:57 AM