none
not able to access shares through UAG direct Access RRS feed

• Question

• I am able to ping all servers but not getting shared folders . any idea ?

Thanks
    Renjith
    Monday, February 22, 2010 12:21 PM

Answers

• Hi Renjith,

First thing to check is that Group Policy has been applied to the DA client and server. I find that's the most common problem in a test (sometimes production) setup.

HTH,
    Tom
    MS ISDUA/UAG DA Anywhere Access Team
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, March 9, 2010 7:09 PM
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 12:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

there might be an IPsec authentication failure blocking the connection.
    can you open a file share on the domain controller?
    does name resolution work even when you stop the DNS client service? (net stop dnscache)
    Monday, February 22, 2010 7:49 PM
  • Thanks for your Fast responce ...

And i cannot open a file share on doamin controller and Name resolution woking after stoping DNS clinet service

Thanks
    Renjith

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 2:12 AM
  • Hi Renijith,

Are you using the Windows DA step by step guide or the Windows guide - or are you not using any of them.

If you're not using the step by step guides, have you tried them in the past? Do you understanding the key components and services used by DirectAccess?

Thanks!
    Tom
    MS ISDUA Anywhere Access Team
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 12:00 PM
  • Hi Thomas,

I will explain our Lab environment

I have created three domain controller (one Windows 2008 R2 with Certificate authority and two windows 2003 ) , one windows 2008 R2 as Application server (for Network Location Service) ,UAG server with Internet and internal network and Windows 7 Enterprise Client with 2nd Internet connection and inetrnal network

My UAG configurations and all are correct (followed technet UAG direct access setp by step configurations)...can u tell me how to check the UAG connectivties from clinet machine ?

My IPHTTPS interface status some times its  showing "active mode " after that its going to deactivated mode.

Thanks In Advance

Renjith
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 12:37 PM
  • Hi Renjith,

First thing to check is that Group Policy has been applied to the DA client and server. I find that's the most common problem in a test (sometimes production) setup.

HTH,
    Tom
    MS ISDUA/UAG DA Anywhere Access Team
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, March 9, 2010 7:09 PM
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 12:36 PM