none
Unable to Check-In Documents in Specific Project Workspaces RRS feed

• Question

• On two project sites, a few users (who have correct permissions) and myself (who has full control permissions) are unable to check in documents after editing the properties.  All required fields are properly filled in, however, once a user goes to check it in, they receive an error stating that the required fields need to be filled out. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction to begin proper troubleshooting?

Thanks!

-D

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 3:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Deyb,

Is this issue specific to few users? Can anyone else check in document on same site?

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:31 PM
  • Check your SharePoint permissions on the Project Workspaces.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA, MCC 2011, MCC2012
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Thursday, October 11, 2012 3:19 AM
  • Thanks Michael.. As I said above, I have full control so the permissions isn't an issue.  These two workspaces inherit from the parent site; thus, I have full functionality on every workspace except these two.

-D

Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:40 PM
  • Hi Hrisihi!  

Thanks for replying.  The issue seems to be spontaneous/sporadic.  For instance, on workspace A.. I have a user who is unable to check in anything after filling out proper required fields no matter the metadata she uses.  I, on the other hand, am able to check in documents there with no issue.  I checked her permissions and the permissions on the document lib itself and all things are good.

On Workspace B, I have a user who has the same issue with checking in documents and I am also unable to check in documents, however, it seems to only be dependent on particular content types.  I have one called Contracting and another called Program Management, and when selecting these content types, the error comes.  In any other content types, I'm able to successfully check in documents.

I then assumed there may have been a required field that was hidden in both of these content types so I went and looked in Site Settings to see if there were any hidden fields that were marked as required but I found none.  Also, these same content types are used on other workspaces (we have about 100 active project workspaces) and they seem to be functioning normally.

-D

Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:47 PM
    • Open one of the problematic sites
    • Navigate to Site Actions >> Site Settings>>Site Permissions
    • From the ribbon above select check permissions button
    • Enter the user ID and validate current permissions
    • Repeat same steps with working site and compare permissions

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, October 11, 2012 4:40 PM