Reconnecting Outlook 2013 to Outlook.com RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have on my home PC (which is part of my office domain - Win7 64 bit) connected Outlook 2013 (v15.0.4893.1000) to my Hotmail account. Today I could not synchronize e-mail, and found that Outlook 2013 had to reconnect to Outlook.com.

ref     go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=837697.

I just deleted all profiles, cleaned up the folder %userprofile%\AppData\local\Microsoft\Outlook and redefined the connection. When I defined the new profile, I was asked a third time for the Hotmail account password (first twice in the form used for filling in name, e-mail address and the password twice. I have not set up two step authentication.) Then everything looks fine - I got "Congratulations! Your email account was successfully configured and is ready to use."

When I then open Outlook and connect I only get one e-mail from Microsoft "Reconnect Outlook 2016/2013 to Outlook.com to resume email access". Then my folder structure in the mail system is synchronized, but no other messages.

I have now tried at least three times, and every time with same result.

Any advice of what to do?

Best regards
    Harald

Friday, February 10, 2017 11:53 PM

All replies

• Hi

I have in the meantime sorted out that the new connection to my Hotmail account should have appeared as "Exchange" and the old connection was using "ActiveSync". On my PC a new connection to Hotmail appear with ActiveSync and not Exchange.

I have then defined a new connection for my wife's Hotmail address and that appear as ActiveSync as well on my PC (win7 64 bit, Outlook 2013). But on her PC (win10, Outlook 2013), the new connection appaear as Exchange.

That means there must be someting on my PC which results in a new Hotmail profile still use ActiveSync and not Exchange.

Any advices are appreciated

BR Harald

Saturday, February 11, 2017 10:55 AM
  • Hi Harald,

How did you add the Hotmail account in your Outlook 2013? We need to use the Auto Account Setup to configure you Hotmail account. Just fill in the Your Name, Email Address, Password, Retype Password fields and click Next button.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, February 20, 2017 9:50 AM
    Monday, February 13, 2017 9:18 AM