Internet Explorer 8 Menu Bar Problem with File -> Send -> Page by E-Mail/Link by E-Mail are "greyed out" RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 (32-bit), from the Menu Bar if I wish to send a page or a link via e-mail, the selections are "greyed out". Why does this feature not work anymore? Do I have something set incorrectly?

Marianne
    • Edited by ckumark Friday, June 26, 2009 7:15 PM Fixing thread title bug
    Friday, June 19, 2009 6:43 PM

Answers

• Yes, I am using Windows Live Mail. And as far as I can tell, it is set as the default mail client in Internet Explorer 8, when I look into Tools --> Internet Options --> Programs --> Set Programs --> Set Your Default Programs (Windows Live Mail is set as the default e-mail program.

Ah-ha! I looked further and under all of the above, also went into Set Program Access and Computer Defaults which seems a little redundant to me. However I made the appropriate changes, and now it works.

This seems a bit complicated. I have a great deal of computer expertise in my background and was temporarily stymied by this. How is an average home user to find this and set it up?

Thank-you for the nudge in the right direction.

Marianne
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 2:35 AM

All replies

• Marianne,

Did you download and install an email client? Windows 7 does not come with one built in.
    Friday, June 19, 2009 7:48 PM
    Answerer
  • Yes, I am using Windows Live Mail. And as far as I can tell, it is set as the default mail client in Internet Explorer 8, when I look into Tools --> Internet Options --> Programs --> Set Programs --> Set Your Default Programs (Windows Live Mail is set as the default e-mail program.

Ah-ha! I looked further and under all of the above, also went into Set Program Access and Computer Defaults which seems a little redundant to me. However I made the appropriate changes, and now it works.

This seems a bit complicated. I have a great deal of computer expertise in my background and was temporarily stymied by this. How is an average home user to find this and set it up?

Thank-you for the nudge in the right direction.

Marianne
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 2:35 AM
  • Great. Glad you got it working.
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 2:36 AM
    Answerer