none
Replacing SCTSettings.adm RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have some existing SteadyState computers that are out there (pre version 2.5) and am getting ready to add on some others that will fall under a seperate GP.  I was going to use the new sctsettings.adm file, but I already have one in place from the older version of SteadyState, so it would overwrite that one.

My question is:  Would this be a problem?  Are there things in earlier versions not in 2.5?  Would I be better off to rename the sctsettings.adm file on the new version since it is a completely different group policy anyway? 

Thanks for the response.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 8:52 PM

Answers

•  

Well since no one seems to be actually supporting steadystate, I'll report that I successfully repaced the old sctsettings.adm with a newer version on the domain GP with no ill effects.  Thanks for nothing!

Thursday, January 22, 2009 4:54 PM

All replies

•  

Well since no one seems to be actually supporting steadystate, I'll report that I successfully repaced the old sctsettings.adm with a newer version on the domain GP with no ill effects.  Thanks for nothing!

Thursday, January 22, 2009 4:54 PM
  • Thanks for posting your results.  It will help those of us who have not yet had to do this.
    Techmologist
    Friday, February 20, 2009 8:52 PM