Touchpad Issues Solved RRS feed

• Question

• I upgraded from windows 8.1 to the tech preview and was disappointed to find that my touchpad was no longer working properly. It wouldn't scroll in most metro app windows. Huge bummer because i never use my touchscreen.

What i found was that on Windows 8.1, i had installed X-mouse because of the feature that lets you scroll inactive windows. This was creating an issue because Windows 10 (finally) added this functionality and made x-mouse obsolete. 

Short story is, I uninstalled xmouse and now my touchpad works as it should.

Maybe the upgrade should flag apps like this that create conflicts? I remember back when I upgraded from Vista to 7, the process would inform you of apps that could create issues in the new OS.

Saturday, January 24, 2015 7:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Regarding to the X-mouse you mentioned in the post, is it a third party program which is used to change mouse behavior? Sometimes, third party programs might cause unexpected issues, anyway, glad to hear that you find the cause, and thank you for sharing your solutions and experience here.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by TerjeDa Monday, January 26, 2015 1:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LSModerator Friday, February 6, 2015 7:41 AM
    Monday, January 26, 2015 7:58 AM