ForeFront Scanning during indexing crawl creating resource issues RRS feed

• General discussion

• When performing the nightly full crawl in our SharePoint 2007 environment, ForeFront is competing heavily for CPU on the server indicating that the two are somehow conflicting.  We have a small SharePoint footprint, so we only have one front end server and our UK office (8 hour time difference) is feeling the residual effect of this resource issue.

I have not been able to discover a way to preempt ForeFront from doing this and don't see a purpose for it to perform scans on the documents being indexed.  Can anyone shed some light on how to manage this or at least explain to me why this would be occurring?

Our ForeFront version is 10.2.0956.0 SP3.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:35 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Is there any error message indicate they are conflicting? What type of scan is running during the full crawl?

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:23 AM
  • I had a similar issue where I was receiving a lot of scan timeout errors when the search crawl was running.  Microsoft said to run the following command to prevent Forefront from scanning the files during a crawl:

In the Forefront Mangement Shell, run: stsadm.exe -o setproperty -pn avskipsearchcrawl -pv true 

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 7:05 PM