Migration clean up and re-migration as fresh start RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I did not realize that the contentlib will grow on CAS after running migratoin job (import packages from older sccm 2007 hierarchy) so ended up running low on diskspace. I was thinking to do a "Clean up Migration Data" and re-run the migration tool so the contentlib can get re-build on desired location instead of randomly picking the drive with most free disk space . If I re-run the migratoin tool after cleaning up old migratoin data then would I still be able to do "migration" all over again as a fresh start or is there a way just to move the contentlib to a different drive without going through clean up process and re-running migration?

Thanks

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 3:24 PM

All replies

• When setting up the migration for re-run, on the settings page of the wizard, you can specify 'Overwrite all objects' which will migrate all objects in the job and overwrite the current copy of any object previously migrated to CM2012, so it can certainly be re-run.

Regarding content location, in SCCM2012SP1, you can specify drive locations as part of installing/configuring the distribution point.  See this link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg682115.aspx and look under the "To install and configure the distribution point site role on a site system server, Drive Settings page.

Bob Edwards SDET, Microsoft Corporation SCCM PVT, STRESS, and Performance consultant

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 9:48 PM
  • Thanks for the reply but CAS does not have distgribution point. Its just hosting the packages and creating SCCMContentlib under the drive that I didnt want it to. If if put No SMS on drive file and copy on the drives that I do not SCCM to use as Content lcoation and re-run the migration job then would it update SCCMContentlib locatoin to new drive where actually it suppose to have?

Thanks,

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 10:03 PM