MOM service starts and then stop since yesterday RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
     I have the following problem on a single server installation of FCS on Win 2008 SP2:

the mom service starts and immediately stops, logging error 9029 in the event viewer, stating that MOM cannot be run under that credentials...

it's configured to run under Network Service even if (if i remember right), during the installation, i used the same account (DAS,DTS for every account needed and that's the domain admin).

another strange thing is that, if i query the action account with "setActionAccount.exe <configGroupName> -query", it tells me that both components are configured to run under the domain admin account.

tried:

• replacing the logon  account of the service with domain admin ->it states (in the event viewer) it cannot be run under that account and should be run under network service or local system
    • replacing again with Network Service (letting the system inputting the password) -> no changes
    • starting under "local system" -> no changes
    • setActionAccount <configGroupName> -set <localComputerName> "network service" -> asks for a password and don't accept blank.

What next?

Thank you in advance.

Diego Castelli
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 12:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• have you seen this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883347/en-us
    Bechir Gharbi. MCSA, MCSE M+S, MCITP Server/Enterprise Administrator, MCT, MCTS Configuration Manager/Forefront (Time Zone : GMT+1)
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 5:51 PM
  • Yeah, but i thought it doesn't resolve the issue since i hadn't rebooted the server.... (at time of the first post i hadn't the possibiilty to reboot the server)

SetActionAccount.exe (as proposed in the article) should resolve all types of conflicts.

Only after a reboot of the machine and a re-issue of SetActionAccount <cgname> -set <Domain\username> and then a restart of the service  it starts.

now the console throws an error (they didn't etll me exactly which, but i'm almost sure it's only a "connection lost" error)

Thanks Bechir 4 your help.

Bye!

Diego Castelli
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 8:43 AM