none
Project OData Error - TaskBaselineTimephasedDataSet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My company has 6 projects in Project Online with 300+ tasks. I need to create an Excel report using TaskBaselineTimephasedDataSet, but I always get a time limit error when I am creating the Data Connection. It seems to me that the number of items returned is above some limitation, even though I am selecting only the required fields.

One possible solution would be to filter by a Tasks field, but I cannot use OData $expand or $link functions in Project Online as stated on http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj163015(v=office.15).aspx.

Is there a way to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Felipe Carvalho

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:26 PM

All replies

• Felipe,

As stated on the same page, the maximum number of entities returnable is 200 for that data set. You could increase that limit by using Set-SPProjectOdataConfiguration as detailed on that page.

Another alternative is to use LINQPad to write your query in SQL Like format and then generate the OData Query URL. See Andrew Lavinskly's Blog for more examples on this.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT TWitter: @prasannaadavi Blog: http://www.prasannaadavi.com

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:52 PM
  • Hi,

As far I can see, Set-SPProjectOdataConfiguration (or get-....) is not availible in Project Online. Or am I wrong?

kind regards,
    Peter de Vries

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 12:00 PM
  • You are correct. Currently Project Online does not support PowerShell commands.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Thursday, July 10, 2014 2:17 PM
  • Peter,

yes, you and Gary are correct.  My apologies. I did not review your question correctly, the first time.

Did you try the LINQPad method, though and see if it yields any better performance?

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Thursday, July 10, 2014 2:56 PM