What are the setting I need to set to have permission to copy or move folders using window 10 RRS feed

• Question

• "I am unable to copy or move folder using window ten to my western digital EX 4 NAS Hard Drive. I am getting a windows 10 message that states 'I need to get permission to move / copy the this folder'.  I have given myself permission to read and write to the NAS drive.  
    Saturday, October 3, 2015 9:54 PM

Answers

• Hi mr-mango,

Which folder that you are trying to move ?

As asked by Shawn Keene, could you please share us more details here, better with a screenshot.

Make sure we use the admin account to move folders.

Besides, if we met the issue when moving the folder, we may fist take ownership of that folder, then move it;

For the NAS drive permission, we need to gain access on it.

Right click on the drive and select properties, then on the security tab, modify the permissions there.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Monday, October 12, 2015 12:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by Deason Wu Monday, October 26, 2015 2:48 AM
    Monday, October 5, 2015 6:37 AM

All replies

• Open a command prompt in administrator mode .Then in command prompt type:

net user administrator /active:yes

This will enable the default Admin account. Now try the same. You may now create another user account with administrative privileges.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Sunday, October 4, 2015 1:45 AM
  • Is it the permission of that drive, or the permission of the folder you're moving into that has the problem (the destination)

Shawn Keene

Sunday, October 4, 2015 6:47 PM
  • Hi mr-mango,

Which folder that you are trying to move ?

As asked by Shawn Keene, could you please share us more details here, better with a screenshot.

Make sure we use the admin account to move folders.

Besides, if we met the issue when moving the folder, we may fist take ownership of that folder, then move it;

For the NAS drive permission, we need to gain access on it.

Right click on the drive and select properties, then on the security tab, modify the permissions there.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Monday, October 12, 2015 12:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by Deason Wu Monday, October 26, 2015 2:48 AM
    Monday, October 5, 2015 6:37 AM