Window 10 Home Tablet Login Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I'm unable to login with my PIN to my Windows 10 Home login screen although I've set (and reset) the PIN.  I get the error message: ... Make sure you are using the password for your Microsoft account.  You can always reset it at accountlive.com/password/reset.  Any suggestions?
    Monday, January 11, 2016 8:57 PM

Answers

• If MS account was used, then use the following link for sign-in problems : 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

There is no other official method to recover or reset the password for Windows. .

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, January 11, 2016 10:11 PM
  •   If the system is expecting a PIN, you will see the word PIN faintly in the box. If that in not there, you need to use the password (and Password will be in the box faintly).

If login using PIN is properly set up, there should be a Sign-in options message below the box. Select this and choose the PIN option.

Bill

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 12:01 AM
  • Hi jtj1914,

Is the PIN linked to a local account or a Microsoft Account? Is it available to login with the password? When did the issue start to occur? Have you changed the Microsoft Account password(Assuming you are using Microsoft Account)?

If you are using Microsoft account, please try to remove the Microsoft account and re-add it then re-create a PIN to have a test.
    To troubleshoot whether the PIN issue only occurred with the specific account, please login with another account (either local account or Microsoft account)and create a PIN for this account to have a test.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:06 AM
    1. Open the Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.
      If you are using a Microsoft Account to sign in, then make sure that you verify your account on the PC.
    2. Select Sign-in options, and click/tap on I forgot my PIN.
    3. Click/tap on Continue.
    4. Leave the PIN fields empty, and click/tap on Cancel.
    5. Your PIN will now be removed. You can create a new PIN whenever you want to or continue using your Windows 10 PC without a PIN. 

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:19 AM

All replies

• If MS account was used, then use the following link for sign-in problems : 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

There is no other official method to recover or reset the password for Windows. .

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, January 11, 2016 10:11 PM
  •   If the system is expecting a PIN, you will see the word PIN faintly in the box. If that in not there, you need to use the password (and Password will be in the box faintly).

If login using PIN is properly set up, there should be a Sign-in options message below the box. Select this and choose the PIN option.

Bill

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 12:01 AM
  • Hi jtj1914,

Is the PIN linked to a local account or a Microsoft Account? Is it available to login with the password? When did the issue start to occur? Have you changed the Microsoft Account password(Assuming you are using Microsoft Account)?

If you are using Microsoft account, please try to remove the Microsoft account and re-add it then re-create a PIN to have a test.
    To troubleshoot whether the PIN issue only occurred with the specific account, please login with another account (either local account or Microsoft account)and create a PIN for this account to have a test.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:06 AM
    1. Open the Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.
      If you are using a Microsoft Account to sign in, then make sure that you verify your account on the PC.
    2. Select Sign-in options, and click/tap on I forgot my PIN.
    3. Click/tap on Continue.
    4. Leave the PIN fields empty, and click/tap on Cancel.
    5. Your PIN will now be removed. You can create a new PIN whenever you want to or continue using your Windows 10 PC without a PIN. 

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:19 AM