none
differentiate printers to 2 set of users in the same OU

Question

• Hi,

I have a 2-3 users in a remote office but they are in the same OU as many of other users in the main office. We have shared printers configured with GPO but I would like to configure a different printer for 2-3 remote users so that their default printer is their local one but not in the main office. My initial thought was to create another GPO and set the user config to have local printer as default, unless there is a better way of doing it.

Thanks 

Cham

Thursday, March 30, 2017 9:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Cham,
    Generally, we would suggest to move that 2-3 users into another OU and link another GPO.
    If you want to keep the users in the same OU, you could use security filtering function, please try:
    1. Put that 2-3 users into group1, the others into group2;
    2. Create a new GPO with the requested printers
    3. Set security filtering for group1 in the new GPO;
    4. Set security filtering for group2 in the old GPO
    5. Link both GPOs into the OU.
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc752992(v=ws.11).aspx
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, March 31, 2017 2:11 AM
  • Hi Cham,

Was your issue resolved? If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions. If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 5:56 AM