Remote management non-English computers? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I have an interesting situation. In our company appears to have computers with a non-English windows 7. My personal opinion is against it but what can I do. Sometimes i have to connect to notebooks, workstations and guess what Services, Event viewer etc. things are not in English e.g. German, Spanish and so on. So, my question is: When using Computer Management console to connect to these computers, how to see things in English in order to manage them? There should be a way because when I set GPO in English - it is applied. Thanks in advance

Monday, February 17, 2014 7:15 AM

All replies

• HI Kondio,

i think, it is not possible to use one OS with different language in once Machine.

can you please clear ;- in GPO, when you apply English, where it is applied.

Regards, Damodar

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 11:00 AM
  • no :) what I mean: domain with windows 7 computers, some of them are with windows 7 in English, others windows 7 in Spanish, and so on. My computer is windows 7 in English, when I want to check something fast on a remote computer - for example services, event viewer etc. I right click on Computer -> Manage ->  right click Computer Management (Local) - > Connect to remote computer -> write the host name and I have a connection. The problem is, when I'm connecting to non-English Windows 7 half of the services or most of them or all of them are in non-English language. But when I set a GPO from Domain Controller the settings are  applied even the settings are not in English. So, how to deal with remote computer management?
    Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:21 PM
  • Hi Kondio,

Check This it might help

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows7/products/features/language-packs

You can try this

Install Language pack.

capture the registry hive for English Export it as .reg

Capture the registry hive for other languages and export as .reg

Once you take remote you can just execute English.reg hive to change language to english after your work you can just change the language of OS to user preferred by executing the other language hive backup's

To Download Language packs for win7

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win7

Regards,

Srivishnu.K

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:30 PM
  • Interesting solution, but from my point it's useless because I'm using mmc and I'm not connected with remote desktop. Also if I have enterprise or ultimate I will switch the computers directly to English and forbid changing to non-English version. Also in my case most of the computers are Professional which doesn't support language packs. So tell me what you think?
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:37 PM