MDT 2012 administrator PWD changed in AD now wont connect to deployment share RRS feed

• Question

• I believe have an issue with my deployment share process logging into the Imaging server. The issue started when reset the domain administrator password. Do you know if there is a Service that runs for MDT2012 that stores the administrator password? (I see a "Network Service" account but I do not want to mess with that.) If so how do I reset that password. My config is MDT 2012 on 2008 R2 server and we are imaging Windows 7 professional to Lenovo laptops. Everything is fully automated (unattend) when we start the process. When the laptop gets to the MDT splash screen after running the BootStrap.ini it gives an error SEE BELOW.

Error message

Wizard error

"A connection to the deployment share (Servername\deploymentshare$) could not be made. Connection ok  possible cause invalid credentials. retry or cancel.

Friday, June 28, 2013 5:58 PM

All replies

• If you put your domain admin account as the autologin for the share (gasp!), then it might be configured in your BootStrap.ini.  Right-Click on your Deployment Share and select Properties.  On the "Rules" Tab, click "Edit Bootstrap.ini" in the lower right corner and see if it's configured here.  If it is, it would be the UserPassword value.

David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

Friday, June 28, 2013 6:03 PM
    Answerer