Microsoft Edge RRS feed

• Question

• My browser keeps saying proxy server error when I open up the app, also I keep getting pop ups saying "advertisement by Provider" and it happened on every website I go to. however it only does it to my Microsoft edge, it does not happen to my google chrome. This is really frustrating and I have tried everything to fix it.

Please solve.

Monday, September 12, 2016 8:12 PM

Answers

• Hi iperez24,

When did the issue start to occur? Have you installed any third party VPN or configured any proxy settings?

Please remove untick all the proxy configurations here(Settings\Network&Internet\Proxy).
    Open an administrator command line and run "netsh winhttp reset proxy" to reset all the proxy settings.

" also I keep getting pop ups saying "advertisement by Provider" and it happened on every website I go to"
    To ensure the safety of the system, please perform a full scan with the antivirus software in safe mode.
    Clear the browsing history of Microsoft Edge(the cookies).

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:43 AM

All replies

• Hi iperez24,

When did the issue start to occur? Have you installed any third party VPN or configured any proxy settings?

Please remove untick all the proxy configurations here(Settings\Network&Internet\Proxy).
    Open an administrator command line and run "netsh winhttp reset proxy" to reset all the proxy settings.

" also I keep getting pop ups saying "advertisement by Provider" and it happened on every website I go to"
    To ensure the safety of the system, please perform a full scan with the antivirus software in safe mode.
    Clear the browsing history of Microsoft Edge(the cookies).

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:43 AM
  • Hi,

How about the issue, is there anything to update?

Best regards

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 9:31 AM