Migration tool: why no match? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Tried everything now, including ms support, they couln't solve it before weekend had to escalate the issue.

Anyone who could guess why we have such problems setting up the migration, just one of nine users are ready all other has status "no match". Here are step by step for my last attempt:

1. (deleted all existing data in migration tool and all users in online admin)
    2. imported csv file, all user appear and everyone get status "no match" (since no one exists)
    3. creates the first user. updates onling migration tool, nothing happens.
    4. created next user, update online tool, same status.
    5. created the user I know work, update online, status changes for the user to "Ready for migration".

Why???

Please help, we planned for migration this weekend

Thanks!

Update: 
    All usernames etc are doubble and tripple checked.
    Always the same user that works
    Tried delete and recreate users

Friday, December 4, 2009 3:33 PM

Answers

• I've had excactly the same problem. Basically my problem was caused because there was a spce behind the text in the last line. place ,xx a the last line finally solved the issue.

If you perform a test migration using PowerShell you are at least certain the problem is not caused by your account.

I've written a post about it: http://www.bposrocks.com/2010/01/migrate-gmail-to-exchange-online.html

Danny Burlage
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 9:34 PM

All replies

• It sounds like you've tried a lot.  Usually it's just a matter of getting the SMTP addresses correct in the mapping file and having permissions to the mailboxes.  I'd be interested in taking a look at the CSV file you are using to import the user accounts into the Migration Console.  Can you paste the first few line of the file here, or email it to me?  What mail system are you currently on? (Exchange, POP, IMAP)

My email is:

chad {dot} mosman {at} messageops {dot} com

Chad
    Saturday, December 5, 2009 8:04 PM
  • If you are not using DirSync, matching is done solely based on e-mail addresses (proxyAddresses attribute). Usernames, displaynames and other such attributes do not matter. If you are using DirSync, then a hard AD match is created. Can you gives us examples of the e-mail addresses that are working versus the ones that are not?

Tuesday, January 5, 2010 1:44 AM
  • I've had excactly the same problem. Basically my problem was caused because there was a spce behind the text in the last line. place ,xx a the last line finally solved the issue.

If you perform a test migration using PowerShell you are at least certain the problem is not caused by your account.

I've written a post about it: http://www.bposrocks.com/2010/01/migrate-gmail-to-exchange-online.html

Danny Burlage
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 9:34 PM