none
Group Policy - Wallpaper

Question

• Dear All,

We have Domain Controller running on Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 STD. Edition, and we have applied Wallpaper policy using Group Policy but when end user removes the LAN cable then Wallpaper get's disappear and Black colored wallpaper display.

This is happening with MS-Windows XP and Windows 7 and 8 Operation System clients.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Aj

Arjun V.

Friday, January 22, 2016 11:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Solution which i found is if i copy the wallpaper from server to local machine on all machines using Logon Batch file to particular location and set it's path then it started showing us the wallpaper in offline (without LAN) also.

I would like to know is it recommended solution?

Regards,

Arjun V.

Monday, February 01, 2016 3:56 AM

All replies

• > when end user removes the LAN cable then Wallpaper get's disappear and
    > Black colored wallpaper display.

Where does your wallpaper reside?

Friday, January 22, 2016 11:32 AM
  • On the standard location, like on my Windows 10 it's on following location - 

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes

Yes Black colored wallpaper display when LAN cable removed. And when we put back the LAN cable then we need to perform GPUPDATE command and can see the wallpaper back which is configured in Group Policy.

I want to if user removes LAN cable still wallpaper should appear.

Regards,

Arjun

Arjun V.

Friday, January 22, 2016 11:43 AM
  • Use GGP to do the following on all windows 10 machines.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies

Cannot change desktop background

Right click on Policies > New > KEY > name it as ActiveDesktop.

Next in the right side, right-click > New > DWORD > name it as NoChangingWallPaper.

The DWORD value 1 will restrict change in desktop wallpaper. To allow change give it value as 0.

Reboot.

Jack Wills - Group Policy / Powershell / MDT

Sunday, January 24, 2016 5:02 AM
  • I meant GGP - Group policy Preference (Typo)

Jack Wills - Group Policy / Powershell / MDT

Sunday, January 24, 2016 5:03 AM
  • Hi Arjun,

Are there any updates?

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 11:42 AM
  • Hi,

Registry settings are already tried but still it's showing Black wallpaper after removing the LAN cable.

I would like to ask in UNC there is a option called "Always Available Offline" can this solution is correct?

Regards,

Arjun

Arjun V.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 8:33 AM
  • Hi Arjun,

Have you shared the wallpaper to these users on OU?

If you logon Windows 7 with username, and this user need to access to the wallpaper by the path of you have filled on group policy.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 29, 2016 12:11 PM
  • Hi,

Solution which i found is if i copy the wallpaper from server to local machine on all machines using Logon Batch file to particular location and set it's path then it started showing us the wallpaper in offline (without LAN) also.

I would like to know is it recommended solution?

Regards,

Arjun V.

Monday, February 01, 2016 3:56 AM