none
Failed to add ADMX file in GPO

Question

• Hello,

We want to disable "On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP" option on all my desktops using GP. We have Outlook 2013 (32-bit) installed on all of desktops. I downloaded the Office 2013 Administrative Template files (ADMX/ADML) and Office Customization Tool. Extracted these files on the Windows Server 2012 R2 DC. I stored these extracted files on the location \\contoso.corp.com\Sysvol\Policies\PolicyDefinitions.

When I am trying to add the ADMX files, it is not recognizing the ADMX files. If I try to forcefully add the ADMX files, it give the error “Outlk15.admx is not a valid template file. Only files that end with the .adm file externsion can be added to this Group Policy Object.”

Please help and advise.

Regards,

Hasan Bin Hasib

Friday, February 20, 2015 11:30 AM

Answers

• Hello Hasan,

I asume that the Funtional Levels of the Domain are 2008 or above, and you have no Windows Server 2003(R2) DC on the domain. This will make not possible to read the .admx.

Specifically for ADMX/ADML problem, this should be enough:

Make sure that your required .admx files are placed in the %systemroot%\PolicyDefinitions folder. Also, the .adml files (which should be provided) need to be placed in the appropriate language subdirectory (such as en-us) of this folder, for the policies to list and work correctly.

Best regards,

-Álvaro

Friday, February 20, 2015 12:23 PM