Keyboard problems with Dell laptop Studio RRS feed

• Question

• Have same problems that have been described. When typing an h different popups show up also the v and g are eratic. Have reinstalled software, deleted the keyboard (device manager) and restarted system with no relief. I don't think replacing the keyboard is a viable solution the laptop is only about 6 months old.

Am not sure when the problem started. Does anybody from Microsoft Windows 7 technical area read this forum? Could the finger pointing please stop and manufacturers and Microsoft get together and solve this irritant? Dell says to restore the system to factory status but from what I read here, that has been done with no results.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 9:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

Based on your description, I suspect the keyboard itself encountered some issue, even it’s only 6 months old. Please also test it in BIOS, if the issue persists, I recommend you contact DELL for hardware research.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, October 29, 2010 3:20 AM
    Monday, October 25, 2010 3:42 AM