Problems installing Gigjam for OS X RRS feed

• Question

• Help.

With some difficulty I was able to download the GigJam OS X package... only to find out it is a ZIP archive that for some reason can not be opened with any of the free decompressors that I have which usually work just fine...  the free Zip Unarchiver fails.. as does Decompressor, Unarchiver, 7-Zip, and the default Apple Archive Utility Instead of generating a folder with the app in it, generated a new archive with  a .cpgz file extension....  which when I tried to unarchive generated a new .zip archive! 

(Infinite regress FAIL)

I'm running El Capitan version 10.11.4 (15E65) 

Is there a DMG file for the app?

Friday, May 13, 2016 7:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Don,

Apologies to hear there's some difficulty unzipping the package and many thanks for sharing the extra details. Could you try the following options to see if this helps? Since typically the *.cpgz file name ending you mention might point to some issues unzipping:

• Please re-download the file again and perhaps try a different browser, such as Chrome or Firefox for example. It should be 99.9 MB in size, once the download completes.
    • Double click the "GigJamPreview.1.3_OSX.zip" file and it should auto unzip into the same folder that it was downloaded to.

OR

• Once the download completes start Terminal
    • Type "unzip" into the Terminal window and hit space
    • Locate the zip file you downloaded in Finder and drag into the Terminal window - you should notice the file location shows up - and you should be able to press enter to unzip the file.

We appreciate the feedback around providing a *.dmg file and something that would be great to share on our UserVoice, so others might join in and vote on this with you.

Friday, May 13, 2016 7:52 PM
    Owner