none
How to make the entire project in the project server 2013 reschedule ? RRS feed

• Question

• How to make the entire project in the project server 2013 reschedule ?
    Because item %compelet related to reschedule

• Edited by mahdiasl Sunday, March 8, 2015 6:35 AM
    Sunday, March 8, 2015 6:33 AM

All replies

• Hey there mahdiasl,

I will prefix this with: I am not a scheduler (IANAS) - but as part of the 5-step scheduling process that most PM's use, I understand you should:

- Set the status date for your project (this indicates that all actuals have been recorded up to this date)

- Use the update project button to push out all the incomplete work to the status date. (This sets you up for the next period and ensures all your resources get the incomplete work showing up in the timesheet and my tasks)

Scheduling is a big topic and is more difficult than you think.

Cheers,

James.

James Boman IPMO http://www.ipmo.com.au @JBoman32768

Sunday, March 8, 2015 7:56 AM
  • This method of application project 2013 application project server 2013 this item does not exist. in the item project server 2013 of the application Ribbon.
    Sunday, March 8, 2015 9:27 AM
  •  this item does not exist in the item  of the application  project server 2013 Ribbon.
    Sunday, March 8, 2015 9:29 AM
  • mahdiasl,

Updating percentage complete, and seeing the results of status changes that cause scheduling updates can be done online using PWA.  (There is a Project Calculation Service on the server that takes care of these details)

However, some features for managing projects and the PM lifecycle require Project Pro (see here for details)

Cheers,

James.

Sunday, March 8, 2015 11:23 AM
  • My friend Mr. James

It was not a convincing answer to this problem can not be solved so easily

3 months I'm working on this problem in this solution is not found even a book

Please give more accurate solution

Sunday, March 8, 2015 12:33 PM
  • mahdiasl,

With all respect - could you please more accurately state what it is you are doing, and what is the result you are trying to achieve?  That way myself or other volunteers here on the forum might be able to help you. 

Remember, scheduling can be complex.  For your tasks to automatically reschedule in response to % complete changes, or status updates, please check that:

- All your tasks are set to automatically scheduled

- All your tasks are fixed work

- All your tasks are linked via dependencies

- You have no task constraints applied (Start no earlier than etc.)

Regards,

James.

Sunday, March 8, 2015 12:45 PM
  • In this photo it is known there are no items update project

In this photo it is known there are no items update project

• Edited by mahdiasl Sunday, March 8, 2015 12:48 PM
    Sunday, March 8, 2015 12:48 PM
  • mahdiasl,

James is spot on. However, from your image, it seems like You are looking at the PWA, the web version of Project Server, which does not have the options that James has mentioned.

You will need to open the project in MS Project (Desktop Client), to be able to reschedule as suggested.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Sunday, March 8, 2015 5:15 PM
  • Hi Mahdiasl,

You cannot reschedule this project because some of the activities are complete.  If you removed the % completed from them all, AND you had a complete network you could then reschedule the 1st task, or change the start date of the project.  Both would work assuming no constraints.  This is achievable using PWA.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 3:55 PM