Mailflow working fine, messages stuck in drafts folder. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello There,

Bit of a bizarre issue.

My mailflow is working fine, inbound and outbound are flawless.

One thing though, before I discovered I needed an edge server I sent a few test e-mails which didn't send obviously.

They have been stuck in my outbox since trying to send them.  E-Mails sent after are leaving the outbox fine etc.

I delete the messages, but after 10 seconds or so they just re-appear.

Tried deleting them from the drafts in OWA, iPhone mail and MS outlook, but no matter what they just re-appear.

Nothing in the message queues, rebooted the edge, mail and AD machines, still come back.

Please help as this is really annoying!

Monday, May 13, 2013 8:32 AM

Answers

• Hi,

What version of Exchange and outlook are you using? Do you have AV scanning on the exchange servers? Does this apply to just one or multiple users?

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:00 AM
  • Hello,

Close all the mail clients for the user, such as Outlook, Mobile phone, OWA and etc.

Run MFCMAPI tool and delete the problematic email in outbox. Then open OWA and see whether the email re-appears.

Thanks,

Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, May 17, 2013 6:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What version of Exchange and outlook are you using? Do you have AV scanning on the exchange servers? Does this apply to just one or multiple users?

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:00 AM
  • Try this

• Open Exchange control Panel
    • Go to servers .
    • Check external and internal DNS settings.
    • If it is All IP addresses , change it and specify manually both DNS address.
    • restart Exchange Services
    • Proposed as answer by Lakhan S Wednesday, May 15, 2013 1:49 PM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2013 1:49 PM
  • Hello,

Close all the mail clients for the user, such as Outlook, Mobile phone, OWA and etc.

Run MFCMAPI tool and delete the problematic email in outbox. Then open OWA and see whether the email re-appears.

Thanks,

Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, May 17, 2013 6:04 AM