none
I can ping the host but FTP not work.

Question

• Hello.

I like connect to a FTP and I can ping the IP but FTP can't work. I used "tracert" and "nslookup" command and everything seems OK but I can't use FTP.

How can I troubleshooting it? I disabled Firewall but problem exist.

Thank you.

Sunday, January 14, 2018 12:31 PM

All replies

• Is FTP server working in the target computer?

Ashidacchi

Sunday, January 14, 2018 2:49 PM
  • Is FTP server working in the target computer?

Ashidacchi

Yes. I can connect to the FTP via other computer.
    Monday, January 15, 2018 5:51 AM
  • Hi,

Make sure that you disable the third-party software conflict by performing a clean boot 

What is the error message when you access the FTP site?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 15, 2018 9:07 AM
  • Hi Windows.Geek,

I would like to know IP address of FTP server if it is open to public and to know how to access an FTP server (command line, web browser, FTP software, or other).

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Monday, January 15, 2018 10:07 AM
  • Hi Windows.Geek,

I would like to know IP address of FTP server if it is open to public and to know how to access an FTP server (command line, web browser, FTP software, or other).

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Sorry, It is not public.

I'm using "FileZilla".

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 4:59 PM
  • Hi Windows.Geek,

Thanks for information.

I guess some settings are not compatible for using the FTP server.
    Have you checked if all settings/options of "FileZilla" are the same as other computers which can use FTP?

# I am using "WinSCP". I have never used "FileZilla", so I have no idea about FileZilla settings.

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 12:37 AM
  • Hi,

What is error message when you connect to FTP?

Since other computer can access FTP, you can compare the network environment with them,like if you are all join to a domain? Or you can in the same subnetwork?

There will be specific error message logged on both client and server, please help us collect them, upload them to a network drive and share the link here.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 7:20 AM
  • Hi Windows.Geek,

Thanks for information.

I guess some settings are not compatible for using the FTP server.
    Have you checked if all settings/options of "FileZilla" are the same as other computers which can use FTP?

# I am using "WinSCP". I have never used "FileZilla", so I have no idea about FileZilla settings.

Regards,

Ashidacchi

All settings are same.
    Saturday, January 20, 2018 7:39 AM