Dreamscene Rundll32 Error Vista Ultimate RRS feed

• Question

• Has anybody found a solution to this problem yet, including you Microsoft......

This seems to be getting more frequent by the day.

Please any advice anyone!

Thanks

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 8:33 AM

All replies

• seems like this error comes whenever the prossesor is under load dont it?

Tuesday, September 4, 2007 9:15 PM
  • Sometimes I will be working on the pc just doing my normal email, reading threads online etc, other times it will just come out of the screen saver with nothing running in the background (ie. no load) and dreamscene would freeze and then go on to crash the hole of windows explorer. I have tried various screen savers, all with the same result. It always happens when I quite a game. Now what makes me even more angry is that the Vista Ultimate Extras are few and far between and the ones that are here are very dodgy. What is the point???

Well I suppose nothing I can do except bring it under Microsoft's attention and sit and wait. Have tried coding myself, not good, I would have loved to try and fix it myself, but then there is the copyright! 

Well you can't win,right??? 

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 8:17 AM
  • I have the same issue.  It doesn't matter what I am or am not running at the time.  but if Dreamscene is active, there's almost a guarantee it will cause Windows Explorer to close.  There was a Microsoft KB article and download for this, but I ran it and it didn't solve a thing!  Is there an answer!?!

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 5:05 PM
  • I get the same error, but my dreamscene works just fine.  It is annoying.  I get multiple error messages, but no apparant error.  Weird...

Thursday, April 24, 2008 8:19 PM
  •  

i had the same problem, heres what worked for me. i copy paste this from another forum

Go into control panel, then folder options (you will find this on a "classic view") , then view and click "Always show icons, never thumbnails." Thats it it now shouldn't come up anymore. It isnt a nero problem, it seems to only come up when folders are opened up that contain video files.  It has something to do with various video codecs bla bla bla. Do this and all should be fine...... 

so far this solved my problem.

Thursday, June 5, 2008 12:20 PM