none
selection print in outlook 2007

Question

• Hi ,

i gone through Kb http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924141 after installing SP2 still i am unable to take matter selection printing  pl. suggest

Thanks, Sandeep Lahange
    Saturday, February 26, 2011 5:33 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If I understand correctly, you are meeting with the trouble that couldn’t print the selection in outlook 2007 even after you have installed the Microsoft Office Suite 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2).

So far as I know, the SP2 for Office 2007 will allow you to print individual pages from messages.

This article will be helpful if you want to know the detail about how to print individual pages.

But if you still want to print the selection, you’d better follow the KB/924141.

Or you can also Forward the mail you want to print its selection, and by editing out what you don’t want print and then print it.

References:

http://help.lockergnome.com/office/Outlook-2007-Print-selection-function--ftopict1000836.html

Sincerely,

Andrew

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Friday, March 04, 2011 2:54 AM
    Tuesday, March 01, 2011 2:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If I understand correctly, you are meeting with the trouble that couldn’t print the selection in outlook 2007 even after you have installed the Microsoft Office Suite 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2).

So far as I know, the SP2 for Office 2007 will allow you to print individual pages from messages.

This article will be helpful if you want to know the detail about how to print individual pages.

But if you still want to print the selection, you’d better follow the KB/924141.

Or you can also Forward the mail you want to print its selection, and by editing out what you don’t want print and then print it.

References:

http://help.lockergnome.com/office/Outlook-2007-Print-selection-function--ftopict1000836.html

Sincerely,

Andrew

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Friday, March 04, 2011 2:54 AM
    Tuesday, March 01, 2011 2:38 AM
  • Hi Andrew,

without forwarding how can i do ,earlier in office 2003 that was possible because out look has its own print engine , but in 2007 how can i use msword engine.

Thanks, Sandeep Lahange
    Tuesday, March 01, 2011 4:46 PM
  • Hi,

There is no need to use msword engine, you can find print option in the menu.

If you cannot find the print option, you may use the hotkey "Ctrl + P".

Sinerely,

Andrew

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 1:30 AM
  • None of the above are reasonable alternatives. Shame on MicroSoft for such a hideous exclusion from post-Office 2003. Although one can print in some fashion, and with some risk (i.e. accidentally saving after deleting and resultantly loosing part of the original message), there is a better alternative, and doesn't risk deleting part of the original e-mail. MicroSoft alternatives allude to it in the various alternatives whereby one is to Print to a .pdf file and use the "supporting application" to print as desired -- that is too cumberson, but it does work.

What works for me, but not without a nasty taste in my mouth concerning MicroSoft, is:

1. Most users have a scanner, and most scanners have a print selection that is installed along with scanner software that installs a printer that directly prints a page or various pages directly into your scanner software.

2. Print your page to your scanner print engine. It's usually just page-1 because it contains both the e-mail header and the text you desire.

3. When it opens in your scanner software (Mine is PaperPort), then open it for editing, and delete every aspect that you don't want to print, save, and drag the modified document to the on-line printer.

The procedures seem long, but are not really long in execution, plus, it allows you to skip about the document to include an even more tailored output than was available in the almost criminal removal of the "Print Selection" capability in Outlook 2007. Such things keep my eyes wandering for alternatives, and one will eventually come! Pay attention MicroSoft, and put the "Print Selection" function into Outlook 2007 now. It will cost you nothing except waking up the negligent responsible programmer, and in doing this practically nothing solution, you just might entice us Outlook 2007 owners into buying 2010 or 2012.

Saturday, October 20, 2012 11:47 PM