Journal note writer dual screen issue on windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Recently, I got a dual monitor set up for my desktop running on Windows 7.

However, this causes some problems with my tablet input-device in certain applications. I use Windows Journal very frequently for taking notes before I had my dual monitor setup. After having this dual monitor set up, there seems to have some calibration error with my tablet in Windows Journal.

I can write with the pen tool in Windows Journal on my tablet without problem. However, when I try to use the eraser tool or the lasso tool with my tablet pen in Windows Journal, there seems to have some offset error. The eraser and lasso tool activates on about 200pixels to left of where I am pointing on my tablet.

When I use my mouse instead of my tablet with the eraser and lasso tool in Windows Journal, it works fine. My tablet also seems to work fine in other applications like Photoshop. It only happens in certain applications. Removing my dual set up solves the problem but this definitely isn't a very sensible solution.

What is wrong with my dual monitor set up that causes my tablet to loose its calibration and not working in certain applications like Windows Journal? How can I fix this problem?

Friday, September 21, 2012 11:35 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I would like suggest you refer to the link below and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/windows-journal-lasso-and-eraser-register-in-upper/66d03321-8866-4888-a45b-fc7ceb95395d

Spencer

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Monday, October 8, 2012 3:57 PM
    Monday, September 24, 2012 9:28 AM
  • The solution behind this link did not work for me.  The problem still exists.  It is a software bug in Windows Journal that, despite having been reported more than 3 years ago, has not been fixed yet.  But I have come to live with this probem by applying two methods for erasing.  Firstly, I have assigned "keystoke {Ctrl}z" (undo) to the bottom switch of my Intuos pen.  Pressing this switch is a quick way of erasing the last penstroke(s).  Secondly, when I need to erase an "older" penstroke, I activate the eraser tool on the Journal tool bar and then use my finger on the Intuos tablet to position the erasor on the particular spot and subsequently use three fingers pressed simultaneously to the tablet for wiping the eraser over the penstroke(s) to be erased.  Supposedly, this also works for the older Bamboo tablets when using similar functionality (for the three fingers use on the Intuos tablets).  It remains quite peculiar that with my finger I erase exactly where the eraser is, while with the pen there is an off-set.
    Monday, May 26, 2014 2:28 PM
  • The solution behind that link didn't work for anybody except the one guy who said it worked for him and never came back to tell us why the same thing doesn't seem to work for anyone else.  Microsoft has been less than helpful, silent in fact, on the issue and haven't addressed it in Windows 8.1 either.   I'd say they've abandoned Journal, and we probably should, too.
    Friday, September 19, 2014 5:40 PM