WSUS Offline RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working in a company with two offline networks.

Network A for development, so needed updates are, for example:

- Windows 10
    - Microsoft SQL
    - Windows Server 2016

Network B for daily use, so needed updates are, for example:

- Windows 10 & Windows 7
    - Windows Server 2016
    - Microsoft Office
    - Skype for businesses

Basically, some updates are similar in both networks and some are required only in one of them.

My question is: Can I work with ONE online WSUS server (for exporting all updates) and TWO offline WSUS server (for import, one in each network)?

More precisely, I want to download with the online WSUS server ALL the updates > export them to a removable device (content & metadata) > connect the HardDisk to each of the WSUS servers > import for each network its relevant updates (which I chose on each WSUS on the Options >"Products and Classifications").

I hope my question makes sense and understandable - If not, let me know and I'll try to re-phrase it. :)  

Thanks in advanced.

• Edited by YovelH Tuesday, January 1, 2019 12:52 PM
    Tuesday, January 1, 2019 12:46 PM

All replies

• Hello, 

Yes, you can.

The export and the import WSUS need to have the same setting for Download express installation files and Languages options.

Then you could use the wsusutil export/import command to transfer the metadata and manually copy the binary files.

And it is not required but recommended that the export WSUS server and the import WSUS server have the same OS version.

Reference:

Set Up a Disconnected Network (Import and Export Updates)
    https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/security-updates/windowsupdateservices/18127442

Hope my answer could help you and look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 2, 2019 2:09 AM
  • Hello,

I noticed that you have not updated for several days. Has your issue been solved or is there any update?

Feel free to feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remembers to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 4, 2019 4:46 PM