a Compliant NAP Client show his state restricted in ipconfig /all environment RRS feed

• Question

• hi all

i have win 7 that is compliant about NAP. it obtains a normal / 24  ip address and other options from the NAP server , but when i run ipconfig /all in this client , i see there is a " restricted " word present.  what does this restricted word mean here ?

thanks in advance

Saturday, February 4, 2012 3:51 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Without more information it is difficult to tell what might be happening. If possible, please review events on the NAP server. This should tell you why a client might be restricted.

-Greg

hi dear Greg. thank you for you patience.

yes you were right , i tested that with win 7 sp1 and now every thig works as respected

thanks again

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you please post the output of ipconfig/all for this client? Also please post the output of "netsh nap client show state"

Thanks,

-Greg

Saturday, February 4, 2012 5:40 AM
  • Hello,

Can you please provide more information about this problem?

Thanks,

-Greg

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:56 AM
  • Hello,

Can you please provide more information about this problem?

Thanks,

-Greg

hi Greg, sorry for the delay.  i don't have that scenario present here to post, but i remember any time i deployed that scenario in different computers , i see there is a " restricted " word present

( my win 7 that is compliant about NAP. it obtains a normal  / 24  ip address and other options from the NAP server , but when i run ipconfig /all in this client , i  see there is a " restricted " word present  )

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:10 PM
  • Hi,

Without more information it is difficult to tell what might be happening. If possible, please review events on the NAP server. This should tell you why a client might be restricted.

-Greg

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 5:19 AM
  • Hi,

-Greg

hi dear Greg. thank you for you patience.

yes you were right , i tested that with win 7 sp1 and now every thig works as respected

thanks again

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:24 AM