Outlook 2013/2016 Signatures and Stationery and Fonts buttons are not working RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I has some issue from my outlook. I am use Windows 10 1709.

When I use Outlook 2013/2016 (X64) the Signatures and Stationery and Fonts buttons are not working

I already try below but issue still happen, Please help me to fix this issue, thanks!

1. repair and reinstall outlook

2. modify register

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\LocalServer32

modify Default & LocalServer32 field to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\Outlook.exe

Friday, December 15, 2017 9:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

By "Outlook 2013/2016 (X64) ", do you mean the issue can be reproduced on two different computers both running Windows 10 1709?
    Is this a recently occurred problem after installing any updates to Windows 10?

Important Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur. Please refer to the article below about how to back up and restore the registry in Windows:

Apart from the registry key you have mentioned above, please also try to change both (Default and LocalServer32) values in each to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\Outlook.exe for the sub-key below:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\LocalServer32

Hope this can be helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 18, 2017 6:09 AM
  • Hello

I am an IT reseller. I have the same problem. Since january, the computer comes with 1709 Windows 10 version and we have the same problem with office 365 and office 2016 Home and Business. I've tried all the solutions with the registry but it's doesn't work. At the beginning, I think it's a office issue but now, I think it's a Windows 10 v1709 problem. 

I've tried also to installing  outlook 2013 but I have the same issue.

If you have a fix, please tell me.

Sorry for my english... ;)

Yoann CAILLAUD

Friday, January 26, 2018 6:49 AM
  • Hello

I am an IT reseller. I have the same problem. Since january, the computer comes with 1709 Windows 10 version and we have the same problem with office 365 and office 2016 Home and Business. I've tried all the solutions with the registry but it's doesn't work. At the beginning, I think it's a office issue but now, I think it's a Windows 10 v1709 problem. 

I've tried also to installing  outlook 2013 but I have the same issue.

If you have a fix, please tell me.

Sorry for my english... ;)

Yoann CAILLAUD

I agree.  There is definitely a correlation between 1709 and the signature button not working.

I have 4 brand new Dell OptiPlex 3050 desktops.  They all have the same specs.  One arrived with 1703 installed and the other three had 1709 installed.  Prior to installing Office 2013 Standard on them, I brought the one system up to 1709 from 1703.  I installed Office on all four and any and all available updates for both Windows and Office.  The signature button works on the system that arrived with 1703 originally, while it doesn't work on all three of the systems that arrived with 1709.

I've tried repairs and the registry updates that are widespread on Google to no avail.  Oddly enough the system that works doesn't even have those registry keys listed.

Friday, January 26, 2018 5:12 PM
  • I might have a working solution - if it's a Dell computer, if it has 1709 Windows10 on it and if it currently runs on the Dell factory image of Win10:

-> Reinstall Windows with a non-Dell-customized installation disk of Windows10 1709!

I just got the most recent 13" XPS notebook from Dell and had the same Outlook365 problem. Tried all the above, tried some more stuff from other web pages - none would solve the issue.

I then did a clean OS installation with my own USB thumb drive (installation media created with the standard Media Creation Tool from Microsoft - Win10 1709).
    And things got fixed! (Of course everything had to be reinstalled, wasting hours, that's the sad part of the story)

You can either do so, while keeping the original Dell partition layout with its default three rescue partitions (then just format and recreate the single OS partition), or delete all Dell-created partitions and reinstall Windows from scratch and let the Windows installer create a new partition layout including an OEM-stuff-free default recovery partition. 
    I recommend the later, because I am pretty sure the Dell-provided recovery partition will recreate an OS partition containing that bug.

Note before reinstalling (this is more like for the non-IT-gifted people that might stumble into this thread):
    - backup your stuff first
    - the default Windows installer will autodetect the (Dell-BIOS-stored) Win license key, no license key has to be entered.
    - check first, if you need a RAID disk driver to successfully start the installation (then also store the driver in an extra folder on the thumb drive used for Windows installation)
    - probably make a screenshot of your device manager with all devices expanded before reinstallation (saves time trying to find the correct driver, as Dell tends to not list all drivers on their web site)
    - maybe do a quick dry run only overwriting the Dell OS partition, install Office and check if the Outlook bug is fixed, before saying good by to all Dell default partitions (because s long as the Dell rescue partition is there, you can easily go back to a Dell-style OS image)
    - and of course get used to manually install quite some drivers after the OS installation, as several Dell hardware drivers will not be autoloaded from Microsoft servers.

Monday, February 5, 2018 8:25 PM
  • The following has fixed this issue on numerous Win10 systems without editing the registry.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/outlook-freezes-clicking-the-signature-button-c70b36c2-66ca-401c-ab45-f29a46495d02

<section class="ocpArticleTitleSection">

Outlook freezes clicking the Signature button

Outlook 2016 Office 365 Admin

Last Updated: August 14, 2018

ISSUE

When you click the Signature button, Outlook hangs and you are not able to add a signature.

This issue occurs if you install an Office subscription on a PC that has pre-installed Microsoft Office desktop apps.

Note: This issue is fixed in Office Version 1802 (Build 9029.2167) or higher. When you install an Office Subscription with that build or higher, it will automatically remove the pre-installed Microsoft Office Desktop apps.

To workaround this issue, uninstall the pre-installed Microsoft Office Desktop Apps:

1. Right click the Windows Start button and click Settings.

2. Click Apps, and then click Apps and Features.

3. Choose Microsoft Office Desktop Apps and click Uninstall.

Microsoft Office Desktop Apps

4. Restart your PC.

If this method is unsuccessful, follow these steps to remove Office setup registry keys are still incorrectly remaining in the registry:

Note: Before you edit the registry, we recommend that you make a back up of your registry. If a problem occurs, you can then restore the registry to its previous state.  Learn more about How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

1. Press the Windows key Press the Windows key+ R to open a Run window.

2. Type regedit and click OK.

3. Press CTRL + and enter 0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046 into the search box, then click Find Next.

4. Delete the key by right-clicking on the entry and click Delete.

5. Press F3 to repeat the search until no more registry keys are found.

• Edited by Higgmeister Thursday, September 6, 2018 7:20 PM
    Thursday, September 6, 2018 7:19 PM
  • The following has fixed this issue on numerous Win10 systems without editing the registry.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/outlook-freezes-clicking-the-signature-button-c70b36c2-66ca-401c-ab45-f29a46495d02

<section class="ocpArticleTitleSection">

Outlook freezes clicking the Signature button

Outlook 2016 Office 365 Admin

Last Updated: August 14, 2018

ISSUE

When you click the Signature button, Outlook hangs and you are not able to add a signature.

This issue occurs if you install an Office subscription on a PC that has pre-installed Microsoft Office desktop apps.

Note: This issue is fixed in Office Version 1802 (Build 9029.2167) or higher. When you install an Office Subscription with that build or higher, it will automatically remove the pre-installed Microsoft Office Desktop apps.

To workaround this issue, uninstall the pre-installed Microsoft Office Desktop Apps:

1. Right click the Windows Start button and click Settings.

2. Click Apps, and then click Apps and Features.

3. Choose Microsoft Office Desktop Apps and click Uninstall.

Microsoft Office Desktop Apps

4. Restart your PC.

If this method is unsuccessful, follow these steps to remove Office setup registry keys are still incorrectly remaining in the registry:

Note: Before you edit the registry, we recommend that you make a back up of your registry. If a problem occurs, you can then restore the registry to its previous state.  Learn more about How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

1. Press the Windows key Press the Windows key+ R to open a Run window.

2. Type regedit and click OK.

3. Press CTRL + and enter 0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046 into the search box, then click Find Next.

4. Delete the key by right-clicking on the entry and click Delete.

5. Press F3 to repeat the search until no more registry keys are found.

Uninstall Microsoft Office Desktop Apps forks for me. New Dell laptop.

Thanks.

Saturday, December 15, 2018 9:30 PM