none
Creating Formula for Custom Quarterly Cash Flow Range RRS feed

• Question

• The project I am working on requires a non-traditional range for quarters. With that, a FY quarter may start mid month and not have an equal duration of weeks. While creating a custom excel spreadsheet allows me to cut and paste this data for the needed quantities I have not found a "quick view" within project to get a more effortless snapshot. Knowing that custom fields with formuals are available I was hopeful that one could created to sum up costs for "Date A" to "Date Z". I could not readily identify if this is feasible. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Monday, October 31, 2011 4:46 PM

Answers

• Michael,

It appears you are working with accounting month data. Unfotunately Project has no direct means of segregating accounting month (or accounting quarter) data from the timescale data. It can be done with VBA but not with a formula in a custom field. And you can of course copy and paste Resource Usage timescaled data into Excel or use the visual reports function.

One "quasi" solution might be to set the timescale on the Resource Usage view such that you can see the date "A" and date "B" data. Include whatever cumulative data is appropriate in the timescaled data. Then subtract the cumulative data at date "A" from that at date "B", and you at least have a value.

Hope this helps.

John

Monday, October 31, 2011 6:33 PM