Excel 2007 Saves twice RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have a Windows 7 x64 laptop that is running Microsoft Office Business 2007 SP2.
    Cuurently, when the user saves a spreadsheet he is prompted again with another "Save" dialog, however the item is a Ghost (file size is 0) of the spreadsheet just saved.  I have seen this with the normal.dotm and the resolution is to siply delete the temp normal.dotm (~rmal.dotm) from the c:\users\%username%\appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates.  Unfortunately for me, there is no such item for Excel for me to delete.
    What could I do to resolve this problem (The user is the Company owner) in a timely fassion?

Thnak you in advance for any help provided.

S. golub
    Consultant Chicago
    • Changed type Nicholas Li Monday, January 25, 2010 6:09 AM
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 9:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting.

It appears that this issue is related to Microsoft Office Excel and we have specified support for this, it is also recommended that you contact our Office Support for further investigation:

Microsoft Office Help and How-to

Office Discussion Group

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Hope the issue will be resolved soon.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 9:38 AM
  • So, how do I contact you?
    Should I present a reference nmber or something to that effect?
    Do I need a Credit Card handy in order to place this call?

Sorry for being a pain, but, this is the first time I have had an Office issue I could not fix.
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 3:20 PM
  • Hi,

As I know, Office Discussion Group is for free. Please post your question there.

Thanks. Hope this helps.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Monday, January 25, 2010 6:12 AM