Gatherer error and the wrong fix I used RRS feed

• Question

• Win7/64

I had several 3036 gathered errors after Comcast changed its authentication policy for Outlook and across a 24 hour period, I was trying to get the right ports.

["The content source <mapi://{S-1-5-21-2987587682-1074968332-1067063631-1001}/> cannot be accessed.

Context:  Application, SystemIndex Catalog

Details:
        A server error occurred. Check that the server is available.  (HRESULT : 0x80041206) (0x80041206)]

I searched for several hours for a solution, but should have read them more carefully. One suggestion, which had the "CSC" file mentioned in its warning details, said to take ownership and grant full permissions to the CSC folder and subfolders. You'll notice my details say nothing about CSC. I also did a scanpst on my Outlook.pst. I SHOULD HAVE TRIED ONE SOLUTION AT A TIME AND I SHOULD HAVE NOTICED THAT THERE WAS NO MENTION OF CSC IN THE DETAILS. The event warning disappeared (I'm relatively sure it was the .pst repair.) But now my CSC file and subfolders are all owned by me and have full permission, both inherited and not.

Questions: 1. Are the new, more liberal permissions I have given those folders going to cause me problems. 2. Should I delete them and use an Acronis image I have from last week to restore the CSC folders to their original state? 3. Should I, instead of using Acronis, change the permissions and ownership back to what they were (Does anyone where I can find the default settings?) 4. Or is it perfectly safe to leave them with full permissions and access? Thank you for your advice. 

Friday, April 15, 2011 2:32 PM

Answers

• Since this is an Outlook related question, I suggest you discuss in our Outlook forum.

Meantime, you may read the following thread to troubleshoot.

Outlook 2010 Crash Related to Indexing PST
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/thread/826e13af-785f-48e1-8fee-e2be25d43361

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by MLNorman Monday, April 18, 2011 1:08 PM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 9:35 AM