none
Taking export of user's mailbox/Outlook data RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Two of our users are leaving our company to work for a sister organisation where they have a different Exchange org etc. These users need their mail data exported to PST file.

I need to make sure that I get all their data off ok.

I've given myself rights to their mailbox, was wondering on the best process to export the data to a PST file each on my PC.

I could either:

1. Add them to my existing profile, then Import and Export Wizard > Export to a file > PST, but then I don't seem to be able to click on "Mailbox - User1", only Inbox, Calendar etc seperately. Does anyone know how I can get everything in one PST?

2. Create a seperate profile for each user on my PC and do the above but, again, not sure how I can export all mailbox data to one PST file, rather than having seperate ones for Inbox, Calender, Notes, Tasks etc

Could someone help me?
    Saturday, August 6, 2011 3:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• On Sat, 6 Aug 2011 15:12:17 +0000, Sheen1990 wrote:

>Hi Two of our users are leaving our company to work for a sister organisation where they have a different Exchange org etc. These users need their mail data exported to PST file. I need to make sure that I get all their data off ok. I've given myself rights to their mailbox, was wondering on the best process to export the data to a PST file each on my PC. I could either: 1. Add them to my existing profile, then Import and Export Wizard > Export to a file > PST, but then I don't seem to be able to click on "Mailbox - User1", only Inbox, Calendar etc seperately. Does anyone know how I can get everything in one PST? 2. Create a seperate profile for each user on my PC and do the above but, again, not sure how I can export all mailbox data to one PST file, rather than having seperate ones for Inbox, Calender, Notes, Tasks etc Could someone help me?

Since this is an Exchange forum I think it's safe to suggest the use
    of export-mailbox to you, the administrator.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Saturday, August 6, 2011 5:19 PM
  • What version of Exchange are you running?
    Troy Werelius
    www.Lucid8.com
    Search, Recover, & Extract Mailboxes, Folders, & Email Items from Offline EDB's and Live Exchange Servers with Lucid8's DigiScope
    Monday, August 8, 2011 4:42 PM
  • Hi Sheen1990,

If you are running Exchange 2003, please use ExMerge.exe

Export mailboxes using Exmerge and Exchange 2003

http://demazter.wordpress.com/2010/03/23/export-mailboxes-using-exmerge-and-exchange-2003/

For Exchange 2007, please run Export-Mailbox:

How to Export Mailbox Data

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb266964(EXCHG.80).aspx

Frank Wang

• Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Friday, August 12, 2011 2:41 AM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 6:44 AM