Dynamically Passing Value to PerformancePoint Filter Web Part ithrough URL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to dynamically pass value to PerformancePoint Filter Web Part through URL. I can filter other Performance Point Web Parts like Scorecards, Reports etc by using QueryString Filter.

But by using Querystring filter, I cannot pass value to PerformancePoint Filter Web Part. PerformancePoint Filter Web Part is not getting displayed in QueryString Filters --> "Connect To"  Web Parts List

Any solution for this would be gr8.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 6:59 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Have you reviewed this blog around passing value through URL: 

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/performancepoint/archive/2010/03/25/passing-filter-values-on-the-url-to-performancepoint-services-web-parts.aspx

It breaks it down into areas of:

1. Understand how Query String (URL) Filter works
    2. Build the content & page
    3. Add Query String (URL) Filter web parts for each attribute you want to control on the URL
    4. Connect each filter web part to the web parts you want it to affect

Thanks
    Heidi Tr - MSFT

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 7:51 PM
  • Hi,

I have gone through above URL already. Actually through Query String Filter Web part, I can able to connect to other PerformancePoint Web Parts like Reports, Scorecard etc.

But I cannot get option to connect to "PerformancePoint Filter Web Part" through Query String Filter Web part.

Lets say I can Refresh PerformancePOint Report based on the URL Query String but still value of PerformacePoint Filter Web Part remains same as previous one. It cannot get changed.

e.g. PerformancePOint Report is changed as per Query String Param Region as "America" But PPS Filter still shows region as "Europe"

Thanks,
    Amol

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 5:57 AM
  • Hi,

I am also facing the the same issue.... If u already got the answer for this please let me know. Here is my scenario.

In my current PPS dashboard project, Page URL has the Querystring which carries the Revenue Package number. So in Dashboard i have two other cascading filters in place "Project/Phase" and "Listof Projects/List of Phases" filters. Now when i pass this  revenue package number as querystring to this dashboard, my idea is when user selects "Project" in one of the filter then next filter should display "All the projects for that Revenue Package"?

How can i pass the Revenue Package Number to cascading filters to get the data for a revenue package number?

Please help me in this.

Thanks

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:26 PM