Office 2010 Building blocks folder path RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to redirect the Office 2010 buliding blocks folder from

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft

to a users home folder or a network share.

• Moved by Tarak Ch - MSFT Thursday, July 15, 2010 1:25 PM (From:Office 2010 Setup and Deployment)
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 3:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• Great question, I discussed this with some of my colleagues and we found this blog that may help answer your question:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/microsoft_office_word/archive/2009/02/03/managing-and-administrating-building-blocks.aspx

Please let me know if this helps.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 5:20 PM
  • Im needing the same thing, and no, that blog does not help at all. It tells me where they are on the users drive and how to copy to it, but I want to redirect the folder itself! And no, we're not going to use roaming profiles here.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 4:58 PM
  • Hi,

Looking to redirect building blocks myself, did you find out how to change path from <profile> to <homedirectory>/<network>?

regards

Andreas

Andreas

Friday, October 12, 2012 9:02 AM
  • Hi,

Looking to redirect building blocks myself, did you find out how to change path from <profile> to <homedirectory>/<network>?

Depending on what you are trying to accomplish, you may find it easier to copy a custom template with Building Blocks into each user's Startup folder.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Sunday, October 14, 2012 2:26 PM
  • So, in other words, without saying no, you are saying no?
    Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:08 PM
  • "Kardia" wrote in message news:51739cfb-55fc-484a-af9b-371a40bbcfec@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    So, in other words, without saying no, you are saying no?

Not at all. You may be able to set the location using group policy; I don’t know. But, as I wrote, sometimes trying a different approach will work just fine.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:10 PM