Microsoft Remote Desktop Mac OSX Full Screen Scroll Bar Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Microsoft Remote Desktop Version 8.0.25 on Mac OSX El Capitan Version 10.11.2.

I am recently having issues where switching between Full Screen and Windowed mode.

If I connect and go straight into Full Screen mode, then all is good.

However if I start in Windowed state or switch from Full Screen to Windowed and back again, then I get this weird scroll bar artefact problem.

On right side and bottom, I see 2 scroll bars, or kind of one scroll bar half over another.

They work, but only one of them, the other is just there like a graphic draw bug/fault.

Hoping to see if anyone else has seen this issue or can suggest how I may fix this.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 3:09 AM

Answers

• Hi Tom,

Thank you very much for posting the screenshot!

Please try to use Remote Desktop Beta app for Mac to see whether the same behavior occurs.

Introducing the new Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview app for Mac

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rds/archive/2015/08/11/introducing-the-new-microsoft-remote-desktop-preview-app-for-mac.aspx

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Mr Cheese Wednesday, January 13, 2016 11:25 PM
    Friday, January 8, 2016 3:04 AM
  • The next release of the RD app in the AppStore will have a fix for the scroll bar issue in case you need features which are not available yet on the beta.
    Monday, February 1, 2016 6:20 PM
  • Hi Tom,

We have this issue tracking for the app in the AppStore. 

You can distribute those users to the Mac Beta but it might miss features which will be added over time.

Eva

Saturday, January 9, 2016 12:18 AM

All replies

• However if I start in Windowed state or switch from Full Screen to Windowed and back again, then I get this weird scroll bar artefact problem.

On right side and bottom, I see 2 scroll bars, or kind of one scroll bar half over another.

They work, but only one of them, the other is just there like a graphic draw bug/fault.

Hi,

In order to better analyze this issue, would you please post a screenshot?

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 2:04 PM
  • Hello,

I have the same problem here. Some of my Users are having MacBook Airs and are using the RemoteDesktop App. Maybe I could catch up someone to send me a screenshot.

Greetings,

Tom

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 7:29 PM
  • Hi Tom,

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,

Amy

Thursday, January 7, 2016 2:12 AM
  • Hello Amy,

here is the picture:

As I connected, it switched to full screen, then I minimized the window. After switching again to fullscreen I took the picture.

My Client was a MacBook Air with OS X 10.11.2 (El Capitan, German). The Remote Desktop App was the newest, Version 8.0.25 (Build 26886).

Do you need more information?

Regards,

Tom

Thursday, January 7, 2016 7:18 PM
  • Hi Tom,

Thank you very much for posting the screenshot!

Please try to use Remote Desktop Beta app for Mac to see whether the same behavior occurs.

Introducing the new Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview app for Mac

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rds/archive/2015/08/11/introducing-the-new-microsoft-remote-desktop-preview-app-for-mac.aspx

Best Regards,

Amy

• Marked as answer by Mr Cheese Wednesday, January 13, 2016 11:25 PM
    Friday, January 8, 2016 3:04 AM
  • Hi Amy,

today I downloaded the Beta App and: it works perfectly! No double-scrollbars, everything is fine.

Shall I distribute the Beta to my Mac-Users or should I wait for an update?

Kind regards,

Tom

Friday, January 8, 2016 3:01 PM
  • Hi Tom,

We have this issue tracking for the app in the AppStore. 

You can distribute those users to the Mac Beta but it might miss features which will be added over time.

Eva

Saturday, January 9, 2016 12:18 AM
  • Thanks Eva.

I have just downloaded the beta app and confirm the Full screen issue I posted appears to be fixed with this version.

Thanks Tom for posting the screen shot.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 11:24 PM
  • The next release of the RD app in the AppStore will have a fix for the scroll bar issue in case you need features which are not available yet on the beta.
    Monday, February 1, 2016 6:20 PM