locked
MAP Toolkit - Sharepoint usages report - Collect inventory data does not show any sharepoint servers, users.. RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I am trying to use MAP toolkit to see if I can get a Sharepoint 2010 usages report to track the CAL requirements.

    I followed following steps

    1) Click on "Collect Inventory Data"

    2) Selected "Client access tracking for Sharepoint server 2013" (I was not pretty sure what should i do here, as I need data for Sharepoint 2010 and there is not option for sharepoint 2010)

    3) on next step, selected check box "Manually entered computer names and credentials "

    4) Added credentials

    5) Entered computer names (my sharepoint server names) manually along with username password

    6) Clicked on "Finish"

    When it finished the data collection, it showed me following,

    0 sharepoint servers discovered, 0 IIS log files parsed, 0 devices, 0 users..

    I am not sure whether i am missing something here... any help will be highly appreciated. 


    ganesh

    Thursday, March 26, 2015 8:31 PM

All replies

  • Just a quick update.

    I was able to resolve the issue. Earlier I used vpn to login from home network and I guess that is the reason it was not picking up those servers. I have reentered my username and password along with domain and connected to the appropriate network directly to get it working.

    Other issue I noticed is, my IIS log files were not in proper format, I changed the logging format to below and the tool started showing results as expected.

    • date
    • time
    • c-ip
    • cs-username
    • s-sitename
    • s-computername
    • s-ip
    • s-port
    • cs-uri-stem
    • cs-uri-query
    • sc-status


    ganesh

    Friday, March 27, 2015 5:46 PM