Transport Rule for recipients

Question

• I need to setup the following transport rule, Exchange 2010, and I can't get it to work.  

If recipient domain is xyz.com, and other recipient domains exist in the email, then I need to send a disclaimer xyz.com recipients as well as the other recipients at different domains such as abc.com.   I can get the disclaimer only to append to emails going to xyz.com and not going to abc.com   

Thanks

Thursday, February 20, 2014 3:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

I found that there is a "when any of the recipients in the To or Cc fields is a member of distribution list" condition.

If possible we can set the xyz.com domain as an accepted domian, then we can create a DL for the xyz.com domain.

If not allowing to make the xyz.com as an accepted domain, we can also add users of xyz.com domain into our contacts, then create a DL for them. But it is a huge project and not practical.

Since there is no option related to "specific domain" in the Transport Rule Conditions, I suggest using third party tools as Rich referred, or asking Scrip Center for help. Maybe run some scrips will achieve this goal.

For your convenience:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/scriptcenter/en-US/home?category=exchangeserver&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Hope it is helpful

Thanks

Mavis

Mavis Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 27, 2014 3:10 AM

All replies

• You might want to take a look at 3rd-party products such as Exclaimer.

http://www.exclaimer.com/

That's not an endorsement, just a suggestion.

You can, of course, create your own transport agent to do whatever you want. Or you can manage the creation of disclaimers to/from the Internet by using products other than Exchange (e.g. *nix MTAs).

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Thursday, February 20, 2014 10:46 PM
  • Hi Mike,

According to your descripton, I found that we want to append disclaimer to recipients which in xyz.com domain, even if the To or Cc fields contain abc.com domain or additional domains' recipients. Right? If I have any misunderstanding, please correct me.

I suggest create a Transport Rule. Steps as below:

1. EMC

2. Organizatio Configuration -> Hub Transport -> Transport Rules -> New Transport Rule...

3. Name: xyzDisclaimer

Comment: Appending to disclaimer to xyz.com ONLY

Select the "Enable Rule" checkbox

Next

4. Select condition(s): when a recipient's address contains specific words

Editing: when a recipient's address contains 'xyz.com'

5. Select actions: append disclaimer test and fallback to action if unalbe to apply.

Editing: 'append' 'text' and fallback to 'wrap\ignore\reject' if unable to apply.

6. Next -> Next -> Finish

Hope it is helpful

Thanks

Mavis

Mavis Huang

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 2:37 AM
  • Mavis,

Thanks for the response.  I tried this and it still does not work correctly.  and domain abc.com is still not receiving the disclaimer.  domain xyz.com does receive the disclaimer.  If you have any other suggestions, I'd appreciate any assistance.  Thanks 

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 2:31 PM
  • Hi Mike,

I found that there is a "when any of the recipients in the To or Cc fields is a member of distribution list" condition.

If possible we can set the xyz.com domain as an accepted domian, then we can create a DL for the xyz.com domain.

If not allowing to make the xyz.com as an accepted domain, we can also add users of xyz.com domain into our contacts, then create a DL for them. But it is a huge project and not practical.

Since there is no option related to "specific domain" in the Transport Rule Conditions, I suggest using third party tools as Rich referred, or asking Scrip Center for help. Maybe run some scrips will achieve this goal.

For your convenience:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/scriptcenter/en-US/home?category=exchangeserver&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Hope it is helpful

Thanks

Mavis

Mavis Huang

Thursday, February 27, 2014 3:10 AM