locked
SAFE Control error after solution upgrade RRS feed

  • Question

  • MOSS2007:

    Hi,

    I have a Sharepoint Solution that provides a couple of webparts. After a solution upgrade (with stsadm -o upgradesolution) I discovered on one system that the Webparts that were drawn to a webpart page now show SAFE CONTROL errors.

    I took a look into the web.config, but the SAFE CONTROL entries were still there and from my point of view - correct.

    edit: This system has only 1 WF Server.

    What has caused these SAFE CONTROL errors ? On other systems this solution upgrade was successful.How can I correct this system ?

    edit: Would a complete Solution deinstallation (rectract/delete) and new installation could heal this system ?

    Thanks for your help.

    Regards

    Sven

     

    • Edited by Sven W Monday, November 22, 2010 9:57 PM more info
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, November 23, 2010 5:11 AM MOSS2007: moved from Title to text. Not needed in Title as default for this forum. Don't use prefixes
    Monday, November 22, 2010 9:52 PM

Answers

  • Hi,

    the issue is solved. An assembly was unable to remove from GAC. That caused the problem. We removed the assembly manually from GAC, did an IISRESET and everything worked like a charm ;)

    Sven

    • Marked as answer by Sven W Tuesday, December 7, 2010 3:15 PM
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 3:15 PM

All replies

  • Hi Sven,

    If web.config entry is there then this error should not come. Can you please paste your error here.


    Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 6:08 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi,

     

    I think the safe control is causing this issue, please try to retract the solution and then deploy the solution again to check you can display the control correctly.

     

    Let me know the result.


    Xue-Mei Chang
    Monday, November 29, 2010 2:21 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi,

    the issue is solved. An assembly was unable to remove from GAC. That caused the problem. We removed the assembly manually from GAC, did an IISRESET and everything worked like a charm ;)

    Sven

    • Marked as answer by Sven W Tuesday, December 7, 2010 3:15 PM
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 3:15 PM