none
Project Server 2007 schedule backup not work for all projects RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We enabled the schedule backup for "Projects" on  _layouts/pwa/Admin/BackupSched.aspx and put "Project Retention Policy (versions)" up to 10.

afterwards, we modified serveral projects and waiting to see the newer backup version next day (schedule backup is on 3AM on daily base), however, some projects have newer versions but some not.

We wonder what makes the differences? is there a rule or filter by default in MSP2007 causing this? or is there additional action that we ignored?

At moment, we assume - this schedule backup would generate new backup version automatically on 3AM each day if there is any minor change done in any projects. Is this assuming wrong?

Thank you and

best regards,

MySTtt

from Finland :D
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:25 AM

Answers

• Hi MyStt,

Actually, this Backup mechanism recognize that if a project has not changed since last backup date then it will not create a new version. And if a project is published multiple time on a single day, then only the last version prior to the scheduled backup will be saved to the archive.

So this may be the only reason that some projects have the new version while some project are not having the new version because these projects has not changed(save or published) since last back up date.

Thanks,

Saurabh Chauhan

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 3:27 PM

All replies

• Hi MyStt

To see the changes modify your project once more time then only the earlear changes will be replicated in the backup log

Regards, Sujit - MSTC
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:40 AM
  • Hi MyStt,

Actually, this Backup mechanism recognize that if a project has not changed since last backup date then it will not create a new version. And if a project is published multiple time on a single day, then only the last version prior to the scheduled backup will be saved to the archive.

So this may be the only reason that some projects have the new version while some project are not having the new version because these projects has not changed(save or published) since last back up date.

Thanks,

Saurabh Chauhan

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 3:27 PM
  • Hi Saurabh , I am also getting a similar issue for schedule backup in project server 2007. My backups are scheduled to run at night every day and as I understood it any new project created/updated from last backup and publlished would be backed up .When I see the restore option ,no version is maintained for restore... Projects do not seem to be getting archived by scheduled backup jobs.Can anyone help me out the root cause for this issue ??? Thanks In Advance Raj
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 5:02 AM