Issue with Office 365 Pro Plus Device Based Activation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Hoping someone could help me. I am running the OOPTransition script to switch Office 365 to Device Based Activation. Everything appears to go through fine and is activated. I can see the Device appear in our Office 365 portal in the active users section with ‘_Device_xxxx’. BUT – if I log onto the machine with a user who does not have an Office 365 Pro Plus licence then I am getting prompting for activation as soon as I open Word. I thought this would now work via the device activation??? Or am I getting this wrong?

Thanks,

Jay

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 11:53 AM

Answers

• Hi - thanks for the reply. This was actually a non problem and just me being impatient. I was running the Device Based activation script and straight away logging in as a user with no 365 licence and getting prompted for activation. It seems this was just a timing issue. I just needed to wait and then Office started to show in File > Account that it was activated against the device. 

All working nicely now - thanks

Jay

• Marked as answer by Jaysoul Tuesday, July 11, 2017 2:51 PM
    Tuesday, July 11, 2017 2:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Jay,

Thanks for visiting our forum.

I've gone through the Device Based Activation FAQ.pdf but didn't find the question described in your thread. So as is mentioned in the FAQ above, it is encouraged to email our onboarding team at O365Edu@microsoft.com (You may click the Contact US button at the bottom of the Device Based Activation SignUp page) for assistance or create a support request in the Office 365 Admin Center:

Hope you can find this helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 6, 2017 6:47 AM
  • Hi - thanks for the reply. This was actually a non problem and just me being impatient. I was running the Device Based activation script and straight away logging in as a user with no 365 licence and getting prompted for activation. It seems this was just a timing issue. I just needed to wait and then Office started to show in File > Account that it was activated against the device. 

All working nicely now - thanks

Jay

• Marked as answer by Jaysoul Tuesday, July 11, 2017 2:51 PM
    Tuesday, July 11, 2017 2:51 PM
  • Hi Jay,

That's great.

Have a nice day :)

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 1:30 AM