none
Project site user (resource) access issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I am new to Project Server 2010. Facing some issue on publishing the project. The publishing project is not granting permission to the Resource in the Project sub site(workspace). Here is the details description. One of my project manager has created the project and he build the team for the project. After assigning task to the resources he has published the project. The Project server job has published the project successfully. The project manager(owner) tried to access the project site that has created automatically. But the Project manger is getting an access denied error.

I had investigated the issue and found that permission has not been granted to any user(resources) in the project site(workspace). Then I tired republishing the project but no luck. Event I published by removing all resource from the project and again republished by adding resource to the project. But the result is same .

Note: I have tried the same(republishing) the project in my VM, it is working fine(creating resources in the project site)

Any suggestion /help

Senthilrajan Kaliyaperumal

Monday, October 29, 2012 6:27 AM

Answers

• I have resolved the problem by synchronizing the Resource.

1. Navigate the the Project Server --> Server settings
    2. Click on Project site that is under Operation Policies section
    3. Select the project in which resource are not synchronized
    4. Click on the synchronize
    5. Check the user access in the project site.

Senthilrajan Kaliyaperumal

Monday, October 29, 2012 7:22 AM